Dark & Light Alliance Southern Kingdom Warriors 1
-
Definately inspired, as the review over at PSR says, from the LotR films.
First up the swordsmen. Three grunts and the boss.
The archers. The two on the...
14 hours ago

6 comments:
Definitely a unit out looking for trouble. That camo scheme certainly works - it hurts my eyes!
LOL well as I always put it Russians are best served cold....)
That is quite a handy looking outfit. For which rule set is this formation designed? It looks a bit like Command Decision, but the unit has some useful looking support inventory, which I don't recall from CD.
I like the camo: very effective. I have a feeing that its style is like that of good poetry: looks easy and effortless, but takes a whole deal of care to achieve the effect you want. Fine looking livery, at any rate.
Thanks Piccio, The unit design came from a idea from the late 70s called series 78 where the entire unit was sold in either 1/72nd scale or ROCO 1/87th scale.
Basically each unit had ten tanks,
in 3 tank companies with one battalion commander tank, with
3 APCs, and various support elements. Infantry units reverse
the tanks to APCs ratio. I use this for NQM and Megablitz rules.
As for the paint job it was a basic Russian green where I use a very beat up brush to apply the white wash with the hope of making it look like the crews did it themselves with brooms etc.
I love the limber made from an old Caterpillar tractor, Don. Living proof that if you throw enough paint at a target, some of it will stick. Well done, that man!
Regards, Chris
Thanks Chris, that old model rail road tractor finally had a use...)
Post a Comment