Two British coastal defence ironclads in 1/1200th-scale
-
I have always liked the look of the British mid-nineteenth century coastal
defence ironclads ... so when 1/1200th-scale models of a couple of them
came ...
4 hours ago

3 comments:
Great post which highlights one of the reasons I don't bother with the "social" advantage of clubs and game either solo, with close friends/family or online.
the Napoleonic war gamers are the worst lol
Some good thoughts here. You can get this with modelling too, I understand. One thing to watch for are people who criticise in other ways, e.g. declaring a choice of cut or colour for a uniform coat, or distinctions etc to be wrong. I have seen people enquire as to the 'correct' colour for a uniform coat. My response has been to suggest that the 'correct' colour is a range of hues, rather than one particular tint. Dye batches vary (even modern house paints can vary from tin to tin , and I've seen how they mix the paints), weathering and time can also take their toll. I've actually seen a Napoleonic British army 15mm with pink coats. Having read somewhere that the dull brick tended to fade to some pink shades, I could not call the thing wrong. And it worked, too; that army looked great.
Post a Comment