Thursday, October 17, 2013

US Tank List

Over the last year I've been building up the OPFOR, in this case my
spotted beauties of the Neo Basileia ton Rhomaioi, or the new
Byzantine Empire in space (hey why not?). I was concerned that the
number of NRE tanks was growing alarmingly and that they might
out number my US equipment that are used as the Brazos Imperial.
Army. As it turns out I should not have been worried! The Tank count
stands at 224 NRE tanks to 449 BEE tanks...There are times when I
forget my megalomaniac tendencies completely......)

US Tanks:
Following my standard MTO tank battalions have ten tanks
each and infantry battalions have three tanks assigned.

M1A2........72 each  in 6 battalions
M1A1........33 each in 3 battalions (Marines)
M60/A1/3..86 each in 8 battalions
M60A2......10 each in 1 battalion
M48A3/5...48 each in 4 battalions 
M47A3......34 each in 3 battalions
M103.........10 each in 1 battalion
M41...........35 Assigned as 3 tank scout platoons to MBT units.
M4A6........30 each in 3 battalions (Sherman brought up to M60 standards)
M151.........18 Assigned as 3 tank scout platoons to MBT units.
M8 Armored Gun System 9 each used as scouts
M4.............65 each in 6 battalions
M5.............9  Assigned as 3 tank scout platoons to M4 units.

Imperial policy can best be summed up this way:

9 comments:

Paul Foster said...

All hail the King!

Frighting numbers in a good way Don.

Don M said...

Thanks Paul, whenever I feel that the hobby is getting a bit out of control
and think I'm a bit sick, I console myself by buying more tanks, it's a vicious cycle...lol

Maj. Guiscard said...

...but how is the shutdown affecting their readiness? :)

Will

Don M said...

Will,
It actually sped it up because I was off for two weeks and I got to paint more....just didn't help the check to much.

Tim Gow said...

You clearly need more. Many more....

Don M said...

Tim.......get thee behind me Satan.
LOL, OK I already got some more off
ebay about twenty minutes ago....)

Joe said...

LOL, "They Are Just,Numbers,Numbers!
How many times have I heard that from you? It's OK Don you can forget your megalomaniac tendencies, that's what we are for!

Don M said...

Thanks Joe that's reassuring !

Bill said...

vicious cycle my a... LOL you just like tanks admit it!