Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Organization of the WWII U.S. Army Infantry Rifle Squad





This video breaks down the infantry's "smallest tactical unit," introducing its basic composition and weapons, plus an examination of squad teams and the Buddy System. It all starts here.

Note:
Many of the quotations used in this video were originally compiled during the pursuit of private study and well before I had ever entertained the thought of starting a YouTube channel.  As such, I was lax with the citations; they are not up to the standard of my subsequent videos.  The final quote in this video was only vaguely credited in my notes to the "Infantry Journal, 1947."  Recently, while researching another topic, a fortuitous page-turn led me to the original quote.  The updated citation follows.

Edwin R. Shackleton, Jr. (A/71).  "Rifle Squad," The Infantry Journal, Vol. 60, No. 4, April 1947, p. 76.











No comments: